[OpenSIPS-Users] Flatstore files missing calls

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Fri Oct 2 14:30:44 EST 2020

On 02.10.2020 17:23, Saint Michael wrote:
> the order of actions seems to be problematic. what if I issue a
> rename, move command, and opensips is actually at the same time
> writing to the file?

:) that is the part which confuses everyone when working with this
module (myself included, when I began using it).

The answer: it simply works!  OpenSIPS will continue writing to the
*moved *file until you *rotate* it, as the "move" operation simply
changes the inode of the file (its reference, hook, pointer, etc.),
without touching its contents.  This seems to work well on ext
filesystems, such as ext4.  I have a feeling this is not the case for
all filesystems, though.

--
Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu | www.opensips-solutions.com