[OpenSIPS-Users] I am facing some issue while creating DB through opensips-cli .

Donat Zenichev donat.zenichev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 08:18:29 EST 2020

Hi Sasmita,

First of all try to make sure that the needed module is loaded indeed, what
opensips.log says after starting the application?
There should be something like:
"opensips[25960]: NOTICE:event_jsonrpc:mod_init: initializing module ..."

Also, as I can see, your output seems to be truncated, could you upload a
full python traceback?
A brief attempt to reproduce your problem led me to the following.

Sometimes the output error description can be a bit non-descriptive.
So that module "event_jsonrpc.so" is loaded indeed, but something else
appears to be a real obstacle.

In my case, I basically tried to reproduce the issue by begetting a
contradiction of port numbers used on the system.
As you run the command "sudo opensips-cli -x diagnose sql", this by default
tries to engage a TCP socket and bind it to 8888.
You can easily check this with: sudo watch -n0.5 "netstat -tulpn | grep
8888"
after running diagnose sub-tool of opensips-cli.

And the reason for that is this code "./opensipscli/modules/diagnose.py"
where it's defined that:
"JSONRPC_RCV_PORT = 8888"

So it seems to be that the default way to communicate over MI interface is
http based (I might be mistaken here).
A quotation taken from: https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips-cli
 "url: The default URL used when http communication_type is used (Default:
http://127.0.0.1:8888/mi)"

Getting back to the original question.
We have at least this module - "httpd.so", who could try to engage the same
port on your system.
Sometimes "httpd.so" works in common with "mi_http.so" though.
Eventually after loading at least "httpd.so" on my system, "sudo
opensips-cli -x diagnose sql" stopped working.

And my traceback was as following (is that similar to what you have?) :

"
sudo opensips-cli -x diagnose sql
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/threading.py", line 916, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/threading.py", line 864, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/opensipscli-0.1.0-py3.6.egg/opensipscli/modules/diagnose.py",
line 114, in collect_events
    s.bind((JSONRPC_RCV_HOST, JSONRPC_RCV_PORT))
OSError: [Errno 98] Address already in use

ERROR: Failed to subscribe for JSON-RPC events
ERROR: Is the event_jsonrpc.so OpenSIPS module loaded?
"

I hope you will find this useful. Otherwise, please provide a full
traceback.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 8:01 AM Sasmita Panda <spanda at 3clogic.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> opensips-cli -x  diagnose sql
> ERROR: Failed to subscribe for JSON-RPC events
> ERROR: Is the event_stream.so OpenSIPS module loaded?
>
> event_stream.so module is loaded by default . What else I should do to get
> this output . Nothing I am getting from opensips-cli document .
>

> *Thanks & Regards*
> *Sasmita Panda*
> *Senior Network Testing and Software Engineer*
> *3CLogic , ph:07827611765*
>

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 5:42 PM Sasmita Panda <spanda at 3clogic.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot .
>>
>> That works .
>>

>> *Thanks & Regards*
>> *Sasmita Panda*
>> *Senior Network Testing and Software Engineer*
>> *3CLogic , ph:07827611765*
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 4:55 PM Liviu Chircu <liviu at opensips.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 20.11.2020 13:15, Sasmita Panda wrote:
>>>
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line
>>> 204, in __init__
>>>     super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
>>> _mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1049, "Unknown database 'opensips'")
>>>
>>> I think the problem may be related to this setting:
>>>
>>> *    database_admin_url: mysql://root:cccl0g1c@localhost/opensips*
>>>
>>> Try to remove the trailing "/opensips" part of the URL, because the
>>> database name is given by the "database_name" setting.
>>>
>>> If it fixes the issue, we should push a commit which does this
>>> automatically.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Liviu Chircuwww.twitter.com/liviuchircu | www.opensips-solutions.com

Donat Zenichev