[OpenSIPS-Users] multiple sub interfaces - opensips crashes

M S medeanwz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 23:23:21 EST 2020

Hi all,
I have a machine with 600 subinterfaces. when I start opensips with 2 udp
workers per interface, it doesn't start and keeps restarting.
First error message was about too many connections to Mysql which I fixed
by increasing max_connections, but now I am getting:

ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_new_connection: initial connect failed
ERROR:core:db_do_init: could not add connection to the pool
ERROR:sql_cacher:child_init: Cannot connect to SQL DB from child
ERROR:core:init_mod_child: failed to initializing module sql_cacher, rank
683
ERROR:core:send_status_code: write(-1) failed (-1): 32, Broken pipe
ERROR:core:udp_start_processes: failed to send -1 status code
ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_connect: driver error(2002): Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)

and:

ERROR:core:send_status_code: write(-1) failed (-1): 32, Broken pipe
ERROR:core:udp_start_processes: failed to send -1 status code

Any ideas how I can fix this?
Also, can I just limit number of opensips forked processes, to run just a
certain number process instead of x numbers per interface? I tried using
auto_scaling but it did not help. in my opensips.conf, I have:
socket=udp:*:5060
and adding an autoscaling profile in front of it seems to limit the
processes per interface again, not all...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!