[OpenSIPS-Users] Running OpenSIPS on same box as Asterisk/FreeSwitch

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Tue May 19 14:25:33 EST 2020

Hi Ben,

Thanks for answering this one. I agree totally with your analysis, but I can also assure you that the "different" port number is present in the R-URI of the ACK.
This is what OpenSIPS receives, over TLS, from the remote UAC:
ACK sip:+35312345678 at 195.XX.YY.ZZ:5050;transport=tcp SIP/2.0

I'm using port 5050 (tcp) on FreeSwitch and ports 5060 (tcp and udp) and 5061 (tls) on OpenSIPS.

I'm having to use a work-around at the moment that looks like this (slightly edited):
    if (has_totag() && is_method("INVITE|ACK|PRACK|BYE|UPDATE|REFER|NOTIFY")) {
        $var(orig_ruri) = $ru;
        $var(orig_rp) = $rp;
        if ( loose_route() ) {
            # Loose-routed request - attempt to match with an existing dialog
            match_dialog();

            if ($var(orig_rp) == "5050" && $ru =~ "r2=on") {
                # Work-around fiddle for sending to an endpoint on the same IP as myself
                $ru = $var(orig_ruri);
                $du = "sip:" + $rd + ":5050";
                force_send_socket(tcp:195.XX.YY.ZZ:5060);
                xlog("L_WARN", "      LR(fixed) $rm  RuProto=$rP   R-URI=$ru  Dest=$du  Call-ID=$ci\n");
            } else
                xlog("L_WARN", "      LR $rm   RuProto=$rP  R-URI=$ru  Call-ID=$ci\n");

John Quick
Smartvox Limited