[OpenSIPS-Users] UDP fragmentation in reply routes

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at sippysoft.com
Mon May 18 20:02:39 EST 2020

Smells like a OS/kernel bug to me. There is little application can do in
that regard, UDP fragmentation/reassembly happens at much lower layers of
the OSI stack.

However, as a workaround as long as SIP goes you can try to reduce your SIP
signalling packet size by using compact version of SIP headers, as well as
dropping headers that are not used. That would save you 100-150 bytes per
SIP message perhaps. I don't know if OpenSIP can do that in the proxy mode
out of the box though, so you might want to add b2b into the flow.

-Max