[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips + rtpengine

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 09:03:05 EST 2020

I encountered a similar issue recently, I was using dialog variables
to flag sessions where RTPEngine is engaged so rtpengine_delete only
fired on applicable BYE/CANCEL requests. For reasons I have not yet
understood the dialog variable was not always available so the
sessions were left open and subject to an hours wait for the rtpengine
timeouts. I've tried to improve the logic with AVP's however I'm still
seeing unclosed sessions so am planning just to always fire it off on
a BYE/CANCEL and let RTPEngine drop requests when it is not engaged.
For your script I would recommend that you take the delete function
out of loose routing and implement it whenever you have BYE/CANCEL
requests arriving. I would also highly recommend that you enable the
rtpengine CLI so you are able to control session limits on a running
instance.

Alain, thanks for your anecdotal stats - I've been wondering how far
we'll be able to push an instance of RTPEngine. We have some powerful
24 core machines and are using the packet forwarding module and are
hoping to approach 10000 sessions per instance. If your figures scale
up it sounds like this is very achievable!

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 at 12:05, Alain Bieuzent <alain.bieuzent at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Can you share value of  delete-delay, port-min and port-max of your rtpengine configuration.
>

> Have you also check if you handle rtpengine_delete on failed calls (in case sip cause code 4XX, 5XX and 6XX).
>

> At @job, we handle max 6000 calls on a 6 cores servers without any issue.
>

> Regards
>

> De : Users <users-bounces at lists.opensips.org> au nom de volga629 via Users <users at lists.opensips.org>
> Répondre à : volga629 <volga629 at networklab.ca>, OpenSIPS users mailling list <users at lists.opensips.org>
> Date : vendredi 13 mars 2020 à 18:39
> À : <users at lists.opensips.org>
> Objet : [OpenSIPS-Users] opensips + rtpengine
>

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Might be  somebody can point me to right place.
>
> Under load Rtpengine on server with 12 core can't pass 400 channels/sessions.
>
> Mar 13 18:14:53 CentOS-77-64-minimal rtpengine[14588]: WARNING: [1b17077c-654e-11ea-bd31-87b1c8fc-849]: Protocol error in packet from 136.243.43.23:47763: Ran out of ports [d3:sdp289:
>
> WARNING: [1be05a46-654e-11ea-b136-573b6201-849]: Protocol error in packet from 136.243.43.23:55847: Unknown call-id [d3:sdp250:
>
> It like it not closing calls properly, but I am running  rtpengine_delete()  in loose _route on BYE or CANCEL.
>

> Here are more details
>

> https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine/issues/946
>

> # Handle requests within SIP dialogs
> route[handle_sequential] {
>     if (has_totag()) {
>         if (loose_route()) {
>                 # BYE rtpengine_delete()
>                 if (is_method("BYE|CANCEL")) {
>                         xlog("LOOSE_ROUTE:DBG: [$rm] trying delete rtpengine\n");
>                         rtpengine_delete();
>                         xlog("Average MOS of the entire call is $rtpstat(MOS-average)\r\n");
>                         xlog("Average MOS of caller is $(rtpstat(MOS-average)[$ft])\r\n");
>                         xlog("Average MOS of callee is $(rtpstat(MOS-average)[$tt])\r\n");
>                         xlog("Min MOS of caller is $(rtpstat(MOS-min)[$ft]) reported at $(rtpstat(MOS-min-at)[$ft])\r\n");
>                 }
>         t_relay();
>         exit;
>
> volga629

*0333 332 0000  |  www.x-on.co.uk <http://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on>   <https://www.facebook.com/XonTel>
  <https://twitter.com/xonuk> *

X-on
is a trading name of Storacall
Technology Ltd a limited company registered in
England and Wales.

Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
Hempstead,
Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.

The
information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s)

only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify X-on immediately
on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the
message from your computer. If you are
not a named addressee you must not use,
disclose, disseminate, distribute,
copy, print or reply to this email. Views
or opinions expressed by an
individual
within this email may not necessarily
reflect the views of X-on
or its associated companies. Although X-on routinely
screens for viruses,
addressees should scan this email and any attachments
for
viruses. X-on
makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses
in this
email or any attachments.