[OpenSIPS-Users] Problem with add_rr_param() in v2.4.7

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Thu Jun 25 16:25:21 EST 2020

On 21.05.2020 23:57, John Quick wrote:
> I finally made some more time to investigate this bug and can now confirm
> that it only happens when a dialog is created before you call add_rr_param()
> So, in your test, please add this line at the start:
>
>    create_dialog("B");
>
> then you should see the error happening.

Hi, John!

Thanks to your excellent instructions, I was able to reproduce your
scenario and confirm that:

* latest 2.4.7 release (96517d4860e0) has this bug
* initial 2.4.6 release (edef893c5af) does _not_ have the bug

Using this information and the ol' trusty `git bisect`, I managed to
pinpoint the exact commit which broke things:

commit c263182ee4dd692212ca310feb8a902714b93b45
Author: Varghese Paul <vpaul at livevox.com>
Date:   Wed Jun 19 13:39:51 2019 -0700

     Do not simply link the buffered lumps, but better clone them ->
this will avoid a mixage of lump types (shm versus pkg) when using async()

  modules/rr/record.c | 5 +----
  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 4 deletions(-)

Currently investigating what happened over there and working towards a
solution! :)

Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu | www.opensips-solutions.com