[OpenSIPS-Users] Fine tuning high CPS and msyql queries

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Jun 12 23:13:41 EST 2020

On 6/12/20 7:08 PM, Calvin Ellison wrote:

> I don't disagree that there is a physical limit to what any hardware can
> achieve. However, there was a dramatic difference between the default
> setting and the increased setting.
I do: the default setting leaves packets beyond the depth of the queue
dropped, which, in the case of SIP requests and some responses, causes
them to be retransmitted, which creates a positive feedback loop.
Letting them stack up allows more of them to be attended to eventually,
reducing that dynamic.

But telling the OS network stack to hold more packets because you can't
process them fast enough isn't a solution to the problem of not
processing them fast enough. You're infinitely better off just
processing them faster.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)