[OpenSIPS-Users] Fine tuning high CPS and msyql queries

Jon Abrams ffshoh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:42:06 EST 2020

A) Is the LRN database located locally on the OpenSIPs box or is it remote?
B) Have you tried only doing sync database queries? Async introduces some
overhead, and I'm not sure if it causes extra database connections to be
created. When using sync there is a connection per child process that stays
up.
C) Does the database have enough memory to contain the LRN and DNC datasets
fully in memory? The extra latency for the non-cache hits sent to the
database may stack up if the database has to hit disk.
D) How many child processes are you using now? If you are hitting 100% you
may need to increase them.
E) Are your memcached processes using heavy cpu? If you are caching
multiple lists, I've found it helps to use unique memcached instance per
list.
F) Look for memory related log messages. If the memory starts getting
exhausted you will see defrag messages. This will chew up available
computation cycles.

- Jon Abrams