[OpenSIPS-Users] How should we represent empty parameters in MI Datagram JSON

Adrian Fretwell adrian.fretwell at topgreen.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 19:47:25 EST 2020

Hello,

What is the correct way to specify empty parameters in an MI call using
JSON?

For example this call to pua_publish has two unused parameters; ETag and
extra_headers, in the old way they were represented by a dot, but if I
try that now I get an invalid etag message:

Pua_publish:

<presentity_uri>
  <expires>
  <event package>
  <content_type>       - body type if body of a type different from
default event content-type or .
  <ETag>                    - ETag that publish should match or . if no ETag
  <extra_headers>    - extra headers to be added to the request or .
  <publish_body>      - may not be present in case of update for expire

Example:

:pua_publish:fifo_reply
sip:system at 192.168.2.132
3600
presence
application/pidf+xml
.
.
<?xml version='1.0'?><presence xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf'
xmlns:dm='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:data-model'... etc.

Would someone point me in the right direction please.

Kind regards,

Adrian Fretwell
Sibthorpe
Nottinghamshire