[OpenSIPS-Users] FW: Opensips MS Teams lost BYE

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 08:46:52 EST 2020

Chris,

You must not call fix_nated_contact() for any SIP requests or SIP responses
coming from MS Teams.
If you do, it will cause exactly the problems you describe for loose-routed
sequential requests such as BYE.

Just to explain: fix_nated_contact() should only be used when the messages
come via a NAT router. It must not be used for messages coming from a Proxy
(assuming the Proxy adds a Record-Route header, as happens with Teams), even
though both cases may appear to need fixing when you use nat_uac_test().

John Quick
Smartvox Limited
Web: www.smartvox.co.uk

> I've managed to get the PBX to send the BYE to the SBC and it is now
forwarding on to MS (although MS are not sending a reply but we have opened
a case for this).

> We are struggling to get the BYE packet to go back to MS Teams when the
call is initiated by Teams.