[OpenSIPS-Users] HA ongoing call support in 2.4 - transaction replication

Jeff Pyle jeff at ugnd.org
Thu Feb 20 00:53:51 EST 2020

Hello,

I'm attempting to implement an active/backup pair of OpenSIPS v2.4
proxies.  I'm using keepalived to move the IP between the two instances,
and clusterer module to allow the two proxies to talk to each other.  The
dialog module is replicating its information, and keepalived successfully
sets the "vip" shared dialog tag to active on the active proxy when it goes
live.  I can start a call on one proxy, failover to the other one, and
finish it.  Good.

I cannot, however, perform a failover mid-transaction and complete the
transaction on the newly active proxy.  It does not appear the proxies are
replicating transaction information as they do dialog information.

I do have:
  modparam("tm", "tm_replication_cluster", 1)

I've been following the information on the Clustering Ongoing Calls
<https://blog.opensips.org/2018/03/23/clustering-ongoing-calls-with-opensips-2-4/>
page as well as the tm module's page Anycast Scenario
<https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/tm.html#tm_anycast>
description.  The description concerns me some because I'm not running an
anycast implementation but rather active/backup.

Is what I'm attempting possible?  Is it possible to have the backup proxy
knowing all the active proxy's transactions, as it does the dialogs, so it
can take over at any moment with no disruption of ongoing transactions ?

- Jeff