[OpenSIPS-Users] UAC Auth from database

Grant Bagdasarian grantbagdasarian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 22:32:50 EST 2020

Hello,

I’ve been going through the modules of 3.1 and was looking for one which
performs outbound auth for invite messages, but couldn't really find one
which also supports loading credentials from a database.

I’m basically looking for something which does the following:

Client —Auth1—> OpenSips —-Auth2 —> Sip Provider (PSTN)
Where:
Auth1: Using Auth and Auth_DB modules
Auth2: ???

The only thing I can think of is using the uac and uac_auth modules and
some database (cache) module to load the credentials and set the avps
accordingly for outbound auth required by a sip provider. Is this the only
option?
I haven’t tried this approach yet, but I assume I just set the avps in
failure route, call uac_auth and the Invite is populated with the
authorization header containing the actual digest credentials?

Thanks and regards,

Grant