[OpenSIPS-Users] How to start OpenSIPS 3.0 server

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Tue Feb 11 19:19:32 EST 2020

Sorry, just read that again. Looks like opensipsctl found the systemd
service just fine except your config somehow exhausted resources. This may
be open file limits or memory allocation.

Try running the binary manually:

opensips -D

It should provide sufficient debug.

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020, 00:15 Callum Guy, <callum.guy at x-on.co.uk> wrote:

> You're on Centos 7, systems my friend.
>
> Try systemctl start opensips
>
> Otherwise put the service file in systemd tree, an example exists on
> GitHub, and run systemctl daemon-reload before trying to start again.
>
> If it still doesn't work you'd need to check that you have the opensips
> binary in the correct path.
>
> Hope that helps you on your way!
>

> On Tue, 11 Feb 2020, 23:23 David Villasmil, <
> david.villasmil.work at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And the output of
>>
>> journalctl -xe
>>
>> ?
>>
>> On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 17:20, Tekin, Arda <arda.tekin at afiniti.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How can I run OpenSIPS 3.0?
>>>

>>> Previously we are running `opensipsctl start` command.
>>>

>>> How to set and use db connection configuration before starting OpenSIPS?
>>>

>>> I have compiled latest source code on CentOS 7 successfully. Copied init
>>> script
>>>
>>> cp /root/src/opensips-3.0/packaging/redhat_fedora/opensips.init
>>> /etc/rc.d/init.d/.
>>>

>>> Edited the init file
>>>
>>> prog=opensips
>>>
>>> opensips=/usr/local/sbin/$prog
>>>
>>> cfgdir="/usr/local/etc/$prog"
>>>
>>> pidfile="/var/run/$prog.pid"
>>>
>>> lockfile="/var/lock/subsys/$prog"
>>>
>>> configfile="$cfgdir/$prog.cfg"
>>>
>>> m4configfile="$cfgdir/$prog.m4"
>>>
>>> m4archivedir="$cfgdir/archive"
>>>
>>> OPTIONS=""
>>>
>>> S_MEMORY=32
>>>
>>> P_MEMORY=32
>>>
>>> RETVAL=0
>>>

>>> When I run init script I get this error.
>>>
>>> Starting opensips (via systemctl):  Job for opensips.service failed
>>> because a configured resource limit was exceeded. See "systemctl status
>>> opensips.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
>>>
>>>                                                            [FAILED]
>>>

>>> Where is doc page explaining how OpenSIPS 3 starts?
>>>

>>> Kind Regards,
>>>
>>> Arda
>>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> David Villasmil
>> email: david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
>> phone: +34669448337

*0333 332 0000  |  www.x-on.co.uk <http://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on>   <https://www.facebook.com/XonTel>
  <https://twitter.com/xonuk> *

X-on
is a trading name of Storacall
Technology Ltd a limited company registered in
England and Wales.

Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
Hempstead,
Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.

The
information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s)

only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify X-on immediately
on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the
message from your computer. If you are
not a named addressee you must not use,
disclose, disseminate, distribute,
copy, print or reply to this email. Views
or opinions expressed by an
individual
within this email may not necessarily
reflect the views of X-on
or its associated companies. Although X-on routinely
screens for viruses,
addressees should scan this email and any attachments
for
viruses. X-on
makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses
in this
email or any attachments.