[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS as Teams SBC RTP->SRTP Question

Mark Miranda mark at markmiranda.com
Fri Apr 17 19:53:50 EST 2020

I have configured OpenSIPS to act as an SBC for MS Teams.  My voip provider (voip.ms) supports TLS, so my outgoing calls from MS Teams work great.  On the incoming side though, voip.ms does not support TLS 1.2 so I’m just using TCP or UDP unsecured.  Of course when the call goes out to the MS Teams user, Teams replies with 488 Not Acceptable Here and I assume this is because it is trying to use RTP and not SRTP.

I see that there is an rtpengine module for OpenSIPS but I could not find a good example of how this could be used to encrypt the RTP packets as it passes to teams?

Anyone have a working example of this?  Or even better, something already working with Teams?

Mark