[OpenSIPS-Users] (no subject)

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Sat Oct 26 07:18:19 EDT 2019

On 21.10.2019 11:01, Alexey Kazantsev via Users wrote:
> But I’d like to add some extra high-availability for situations if
> there will be some problems with connectivity between nodes.
> At least to achieve the ability of each node to serve calls among
> those users who are registered directly on it.
>
> What is the best architecture? Maybe something else, not MongoDB?

Hey Alexey,

MongoDB has worked fine for the federation use-cases I've deployed,
but only as long as you configure proper values for the connect timeout
setting, server selection timeout setting, and any other options which
may cause blocking when a Mongo cluster node is down [1].

PS: With the built-in MongoDB C library settings, the TCP connect
timeout is 10 seconds, which is abysmally large and will lead to
unacceptable PDD values if any of your POPs become isolated.

Regards,

[1]:
https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/connection-string/#timeout-options

--