[OpenSIPS-Users] Dual NIC - How to handle media on failure?

Mark Farmer farmorg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 09:06:42 EST 2019

Good afternoon

I've read the document on bridging interfaces [1], reviewed the redirection
part of the residential script & I think I understand the mhomed/manual
methods etc but I'm really struggling with this problem.

My OpenSIPS server has a NAT'ed public IP and an internal IP on separate
interfaces. Phones register via the public IP and I have an Asterisk server
connected via the internal IP  for voicemail etc:

I'm using topology_hiding/match() for the initial call & SIP/RTP for a
working call from one phone to another goes:
PhoneA<-->NATedPublicIP<-->PhoneB

If a call results in a 603 for example, the SIP is routed to Asterisk OK
using the internal IP's but the media connection on the OpenSIPS end is
still it's public IP so audio fails.
How do I have OpenSIPS re-route the media so that in order to reach
Asterisk it flows via the internal IP like this? My media server is
rtpengine.

Phone<-->NATedPublicIP<-->InternalIP<-->AsteriskInternal

[1]
https://blog.opensips.org/2018/09/04/sip-bridging-over-multiple-interfaces/

Many thanks!
Mark