[OpenSIPS-Users] Unable to connect to tls

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 11:08:18 EST 2019

The answer is in your email - the device and server don't share any ciphers.

You'll have to find an acceptable cipher which meets your security
requirements and which your phone supports. I'd suggest you either find a
manual for the phone or run a trace to look into the handshake or similar

If you are just testing and want to get it working try something basic like:

modparam("tls_mgm", "ciphers_list",
"[dom1]ALL:!aNULL:!eNULL:!MD5:!RC4:@STRENGTH")

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 13:06, Sunil More <Sunil.More at novanet.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am having trouble to make connection using tls. I am using a polycom
> sound point 550 phone.
> I observe the below error.
>
> ERROR:proto_tls:tls_print_errstack: TLS errstack: error:1417A0C1:SSL
> routines:tls_post_process_client_hello:no shared cipher
>

> using cipher list as below:
>
> modparam("tls_mgm", "ciphers_list",
> "[dom1]ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256,ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384")
>

> Opensips Details:
>
> version: opensips 3.0.1 (x86_64/linux)
>
> flags: STATS: On, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC,
> Q_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, HP_MALLOC, DBG_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
>
> ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
> MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
>
> poll method support: poll, epoll, sigio_rt, select.
>
> git revision: dac56fa49
>
> main.c compiled on 06:28:01 Oct 24 2019 with gcc 7
>

> openssl version : OpenSSL 1.1.1  11 Sep 2018
>

> OS : ubuntu 18.04 LTS
>

> Regards,
>
> Sunil More

*0333 332 0000  |  www.x-on.co.uk <http://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on>   <https://www.facebook.com/XonTel>
  <https://twitter.com/xonuk> *

X-on
is a trading name of Storacall
Technology Ltd a limited company registered in
England and Wales.

Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
Hempstead,
Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.

The
information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s)

only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify X-on immediately
on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the
message from your computer. If you are
not a named addressee you must not use,
disclose, disseminate, distribute,
copy, print or reply to this email. Views
or opinions expressed by an
individual
within this email may not necessarily
reflect the views of X-on
or its associated companies. Although X-on routinely
screens for viruses,
addressees should scan this email and any attachments
for
viruses. X-on
makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses
in this
email or any attachments.