[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips 3.0 cluster module help .

Schneur Rosenberg rosenberg11219 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 02:21:28 EDT 2019

No, multicast is a technology where all servers get the same IP, and it
gets routed to one server, but being that all servers are aware of the
registrations and dialogs etc so any server can handle the subsequent
requests, you do set flags so only one server responds to subscribe for
example because you don't want them all sending updates.

Because the client sees it coming from the same IP address you won't have
issues with firewalls, because from what the firewall is concerned the
request came from a port that was opened for this IP.