[OpenSIPS-Users] It seems there is memory issue in opensips-2.4.3

Sasmita Panda spanda at 3clogic.com
Tue Jan 15 07:14:21 EST 2019

Hi ,

I have 2 instances , 1 having openisps 2.2 another 2.4.3 . I am simply
registering a sip client and taking call on that . In 2.2 everything works
fine without any error . But in 2.4 its not able to process any request .
Its sending 500 internal server error . memory allocation is same in both
cases .

 NOTICE:core:main: version: opensips 2.2.4 (x86_64/linux)
 INFO:core:main: using 32 Mb shared memory
 INFO:core:main: using 2 Mb private memory per process

  NOTICE:core:main: version: opensips 2.4.3 (x86_64/linux)
 INFO:core:main: using 32 Mb of shared memory
 INFO:core:main: using 2 Mb of private process memory

Error in 2.4 :
 INFO:core:fm_malloc: attempting defragmentation...
 INFO:core:fm_malloc: unable to alloc a big enough fragment!
 ERROR:tm:relay_reply: no more share memory
 ERROR:core:fm_malloc: not enough free shm memory (0 bytes left, need
7160), please increase the "-m" command line parameter!

This is the default memory defined in  config.h . I have not changed
anything .

I have 4GB RAM with 2 CPU . I can increase the memory . But i am curious to
know if its working on 2.2 then why its not working in 2.4 .

Can anybody help me on this  please ?

*Thanks & Regards*
*Sasmita Panda*
*Senior Network Testing and Software Engineer*
*3CLogic , ph:07827611765*