[OpenSIPS-Users] Dialog profiles replication issues

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 14:04:54 EST 2019

Hi All,

Im trying to wrap my head around a problem with OpenSIPS 3.0 dialog profile
replication. I've a cluster of OpenSIPS instances sharing dialog profiles
with each other over clusterer/binary_proto layer.

As soon as I initiate a call on first instance they all start exchanging
the dialog profiles in a never ending loop ! call needs to drop in order
for it to clear up.

What is this behavior of dialog profile replication? Is it not loop
protected ! i.e
A (send updated profile value) ---> B,C,D
B <-----recv updated profile value
C <-----recv updated profile value
D <-----recv updated profile value
B   (send updated profile value) ---> A,C,D
C   (send updated profile value) ---> A,B,D
D   (send updated profile value) ---> A,B,C
and Loop over again!

Can anyone elaborate on this flow ! ?

Thats what I've observed from my network captures and logs. Here are the
configs for sharing profiles.

loadmodule "dialog.so"
modparam("dialog","dlg_match_mode",1)
modparam("dialog","db_mode",2)
modparam("dialog", "profiles_with_value",
"gatewayCalls;dids;userOutbound/b;userInbound/b;userTotalCalls/b")
modparam("dialog", "profile_replication_cluster", 1)
modparam("dialog", "replicate_profiles_check", 10)
modparam("dialog", "replicate_profiles_timer", 3000)

OpenSIPS version:
root at ip-172-31-26-36:~# /usr/local/sbin/opensips -V
version: opensips 3.0.1 (x86_64/linux)
flags: STATS: On, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, Q_MALLOC,
F_MALLOC, HP_MALLOC, DBG_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
poll method support: poll, epoll, sigio_rt, select.
git revision: ef33057
main.c compiled on 18:51:57 Dec  6 2019 with gcc 7

Thanks,