[OpenSIPS-Users] rtpproxy status health checking

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Mon Aug 19 10:23:41 EDT 2019

Hi, Solarmon!

The parameter you should use is exactly the one you are using,
rtpproxy_disable_tout[1]. That parameter says that after OpenSIPS
detects the node as being down, it re-tries to send them requests after
20 seconds (according to your configuration).
Are you checking the rtpproxy status using the `opensips-cli mi`? Does
the disable timeout change? If not, what's the output of the status command?

[1]
https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/3.0.x/rtpproxy.html#param_rtpproxy_disable_tout

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 8/13/19 4:14 PM, solarmon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can somebody clarify when the rtpproxy status and health checks are done
> and what configuration is required.
>
> I am finding that the status/health of an rtprpoxy node is only
> done/checked during opensips startup or rtpproxy module config reload.
> If the rtprpoxy node goes down or comes back up, the status indicated by
> opensips for that rtpproxy does not change until another restart or
> reload is done.
>
> My rtpproxy module config is as below:
>
> loadmodule "rtpproxy.so"
> modparam("rtpproxy", "db_url",
> "mysql://<username:password>@127.0.0.1:3306/opensips
> <http://127.0.0.1:3306/opensips>")
> modparam("rtpproxy", "rtpproxy_disable_tout", 20)
>
> Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer