[OpenSIPS-Users] check_source_address()

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Thu Apr 25 11:47:57 EDT 2019

On 25.04.2019 17:11, Mark Farmer wrote:
> Thanks so much for helping with this.
>
> I have applied the suggested config but the result is the same.
> OpenSIPS routes the RE-INVITE to itself and it never gets routed back
> to the Asterisk box.
> If the 2nd Route header in the RE-INVITE is the IP of the other
> interface - will that not always be the case? It's as though the 2nd
> Route header needs to be changed to have the IP of the Asterisk server.
>
> Sanitized RE-INVITE from provider:
>
> INVITE sip:asterisk at my.host.name:5060
> <http://sip:asterisk@my.host.name:5060> SIP/2.0

If OpenSIPS identifies "my.host.name:5060" as a local domain, this will
screw up the routing,
as it will go from loose (RFC 3261) to strict (old, deprecated RFC 2543
mechanism).  Notice how
its not preserving the R-URI when it routes to itself as should happen
with RFC 3261 routing,
because it has fallen back to RFC 2543 routing.

Your provider needs to follow RFC 3261 and use as Re-INVITE Request-URI
the exact Contact
advertised by the caller: <sip:asterisk at 10.98.0.102:5060>, and not
confuse your routing engine
with a random target such as:INVITE sip:asterisk at my.host.name:5060.

--
Liviu Chircu