[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips3.0/dev requires huge amount of memory and crashes

Konrad Malewski konrad.malewski at motorolasolutions.com
Mon Apr 8 05:38:21 EDT 2019

Hello,

If I enabled TCP only as only protocol, opensips3 starts crashing at
startup with following error:

ERROR:core:fm_malloc: not enough free shm memory (62949296 bytes left, need
17109592486272), please increase the "-m" command line parameter!

The amount of "need" is different every time I restart opensips

ERROR:core:fm_malloc: not enough free shm memory (62949296 bytes left, need
8689571889280), please increase the "-m" command line parameter!

when I enable udp and add appropriate listen=udp:IP:PORT entry problem goes
away.

The issue is odd, so what am I doing wrong? Maybe this is a bug ?

Konrad Malewski