[OpenSIPS-Users] Location table update instead of insert

Schneur Rosenberg rosenberg11219 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 03:39:00 EDT 2018

Hi, the last few days my location table displays only a fraction of
the registered users, I did some digging and I enabled query logging
on MySQL and I can see that OpenSIPS is doing updates instead of
inserts, and being that a update on a WHERE that does not

My system is a cluster of 2 OpenSIPS servers version 2.4.1 running
"full-sharing" "cluster_mode", "restart_persistency" is set to
"load-from-sql", "sql_write_mode" is set to "write-back" and
"skip_replicated_db_ops" is set to "1" as of now its a active/passive
setup, when a server comes up it loads what its got in DB and then
after approx 3 minutes after all users have registered to the other
server the server will be syced.

I tried bringing down one server at a time and the problem persists, I
suspect that when it comes up and it gets synced over binary it
assumes those users are in the DB and when the server becomes ACTIVE
it runs a update instead of a insert, I assume that if I would bring
down the entire cluster and delete the rows in the location table and
bring it back up it will operate properly but I would really love to
avoid that, is there another way?

being that "contact_id"  is a PRIMARY KEY, is there a reason OpenSIPS
is not using  a INSERT with "ON DUPLICATE KEY"? or perhaps OpenSIPS
can run a INSERT if no rows were updated? and how can I avoid this in
the future?