[OpenSIPS-Users] Chasing down unreleased memory

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 14:14:36 EDT 2018

Greetings;

I should have done this last week but, to be honest, it just didn't
occur to me. I pulled the compression module out (and commented out
mc_compact()) and re-ran my tests and the memory usage was massively
lower (losing 100k of memory per minute vs 3-5MB/minute) and within a
few minutes of calling ceasing almost all of the memory was released
(went from 42MB down to 3.8MB within 6 minutes).

So it appears that there's something leaking in the compression module.

I'm going to poke around a few more tests (include compression.so
without actually calling it, etc) but I wanted to pass this on as
there appears to be a bug that needs addressing.

Is there anything I can provide that might be useful in debugging this?

As always, thank you for your help.

 - Jock