[OpenSIPS-Users] sip_trace causes retransmissions

Schneur Rosenberg rosenberg11219 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 07:38:25 EDT 2018

Hi, I've realized that some of my packets get ignored after OpenSIPS
runs for a while, I tried a stress test with SIPp without any
configuration basically sending an invite, the server responding with
a 407 Proxy Authentication Required and the SIPp responds with a ACK,
once I reached 1500 calls per second it started having
re-transmissions, but moving it back down even to one call per second
did not solve the issue the re-transmissions kept on happening only a
restart of OpenSIPS helped.

I suspected its related to Homer so I removed the sip_trace command
and restarted OpenSIPS  and only after hitting approx 3500 cps did the
re-transmissions, but as soon as I lowered it back a little everything
was back to usual.

The problem also happens after the system runs for a while with very
low call volume, this and the fact that it does not get corrected
after lowering the stress makes me believe its a memory leak.

How can I check whats causing it, would a "opensipsctl fifo
get_statistics all" reveal if it is, I don't know how to read it.

Scot (Schneur) Rosenberg