[OpenSIPS-Users] Proto_hep listeners

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Wed Feb 14 13:55:03 EST 2018

Hi,

I’m trying to upgrade from 1.11 to 2.3.3. We use the siptrace module to replicate messages via HEP, so I had to load in the proto_hep module as well. On startup, I’m getting the following errors:

ERROR:proto_hep:mod_init: No HEP listener defined, neither TCP nor UDP!
ERROR:core:init_mod: failed to initialize module proto_hep

It is intentional that I have not defined any listeners as I do not wish to listen for HEP messages. I am only using the proto_hep module to enabling *sending* HEP messages via siptrace. Why are listeners required for the proto_hep module to start successfully?

Thanks,
Ben Newlin