[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS as SBC

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Mon Dec 3 06:21:00 EST 2018

Hi, Denys!

The B2B modules in OpenSIPS are used to create more complex scenarios,
that involves multiple UAs, scenarios that can't be done using a simple
SIP Proxy. I believe implementing an SBC using a B2B, although it might
work just fine, it is a bit an over-engineering.
The way I see an SBC, is that it does not necessarily need to be aware
aware of these complex SIP scenarios, but rather only enforce some
security checks and topology hiding. These can be more easily achieved
using the OpenSIPS topology hiding mode, perhaps also mid-registrar. So
if I were you, I'd to look into building a simple proxy, and then
enhance it with the features that you want your SBC to have.

Best regards,
Răzvan