[OpenSIPS-Users] Help with my OpenSips architecture

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 05:13:47 EDT 2018

Hi Dominic,

I have a similar setup in a test rig. For comparison, here is the output I
get for the same fifo commands:
opensipsctl fifo clusterer_list
Cluster:: 1
        Node:: 1 DB_ID=1 URL=bin:192.168.0.118:5678 Enabled=1 Link_state=Up
Next_hop=1 Description=vSvr2

opensipsctl fifo clusterer_list_topology
Cluster:: 1
        Node:: 2 Neighbours=1
        Node:: 1 Neighbours=2

opensipsctl fifo clusterer_list_cap
Cluster:: 1
        Capability:: dialog-dlg-repl State=Ok
        Capability:: usrloc-contact-repl State=Ok

Your DB_ID value is very different, but perhaps you're using db_mode 0 -
i.e. node data comes only from the script.

I have a separate local database running on each node and use the following
settings in my script:
All node data are read from the clusterer DB table (db_mode 1, default)
The flags field for node 1 in the clusterer table is set to "seed"
modparam("usrloc", "working_mode_preset", "full-sharing-cluster")
modparam("usrloc", "location_cluster", 1)
modparam("dialog", "db_mode", 0)      // the db_mode for the dialog module
modparam("dialog", "dialog_replication_cluster", 1)
modparam("dialog", "dlg_sharing_tag", "vip1=active")   // on node 2, it is
"vip1=backup"

Also, try restarting the opensips service, always starting node 1 first
(assuming that node has flags="seed").

Hope this helps.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited