[OpenSIPS-Users] AG Project - Media Proxy

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Aug 2 11:06:58 EDT 2018

The log suggests that the mediaproxy dispatcher is not replying in time, yet it is not dead/frozen.
The timeout is 500ms and can be set through the mediaproxy_timeout module parameter (see the mediaproxy module README for more info).

I suggest you increase the timeout until you don't see the problem again, but keep in mind that whatever value you use, that is how long the opensips worker process can be blocked waiting for a reply, during which time it cannot do anything else (communication with the dispatcher is not asynchronous).

Better would be to identify what causes the dispatcher to lag like that (maybe over time you got an increasing number of call setups which resulted in a higher load that makes the dispatcher take more than 500ms to reply sometimes). In that case it would be better to consider some horizontal scaling and use some clustering solution to distribute the load.

P.S. subsequent calls work, because opensips reconnects automatically to the dispatcher as needed.