[OpenSIPS-Users] Ordinary presence server functions of OpenSIPS

Fatma Raissi raissifatma at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 05:58:34 EDT 2018

Good morning Everyone,

I am using OpenSIPS as *presence server*. I need it just to accomplish very
basic and simple presence server functions.

Here is the purpose of my work:

I have 3 machines P, A, B and C.

1)* P* is the machine in which I have installed *OpenSIPS*, thus the
presence server
2) I want *A and B to be the presentities* and thus publishing its own
presence information (that I precise) into the presence server.
3) I want OpenSIPS to update* the watcher C* each time there is a change in
A or B presence information.

What I have done so far is that I am using the presence server config file
that I found here :

https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Presence-SimplePresConfig

and added all the parameters I found here

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/presence.html

I am using SIPp in machine A and B  and C to send publish and subscribe
messages but I keep getting no answer at all from OpenSIPS although I am
sure he is receiving the messages.
I think I am not using the right syntax of SIP messages.

Can you please help me by sending to me an example of SIP subscribe and SIP
publish message that I can send from SIPp to OpenSIPS.

- *SIP Subscribe message* : in which I can precise the list of IP addresses
that the machine C needs to know their updates
- *SIP Publish message*: in which I can precise the presence information I
want A and B to publish.

Tell me if you need my config file or the SIP message I am using ( I am
pretty sure it is wrong though...)

An other question please: Is it normal that I couldn't find pua.so and
rls.so in my modules file?

I really appreciate the help. I couldn't find any example else where.

Cordially,