[OpenSIPS-Users] xlog adding information to output

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Wed Apr 18 08:30:58 EDT 2018

Bogdan,

We collect the logs via stdout/stderr.

Thanks,
Ben Newlin

From: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at opensips.org>
Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 5:37 AM
To: Ben Newlin <Ben.Newlin at genesys.com>, OpenSIPS users mailling list <users at lists.opensips.org>
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] xlog adding information to output

Hi Ben,

And how do you capture and deliver the logs to this vendor? still via syslog ? or via stderr?

  http://www.opensips-solutions.com<http://www.opensips-solutions.com>

OpenSIPS Summit 2018

  http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2018Amsterdam<http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2018Amsterdam>
On 04/13/2018 04:47 PM, Ben Newlin wrote:
Bogdan,

I can understand the desire for consistency.

Unfortunately in our case we are using an external log service vendor and the application that is collecting the logs is provided by them. It simply collects all logs and does not have any option to preprocess individual log entries. We don’t have the ability to pre-process the logs prior to ingestion. We can, I think, filter out the extra info while searching the logs, but it will make the searches more complex and slower.

It would be nice to be able to disable this so there is some option to only log what is provided without manipulation. It could be a flag that affects xlog, or a different log function that doesn’t use the prefix. If you think it is worthy, I’d be happy to open a feature request.

Thanks,
Ben Newlin