[OpenSIPS-Users] Issue with BYE packet after user re-register with new socket

Milan Stanojevic milan at lotusflare.com
Tue Sep 26 06:32:21 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'm running into next issue:

My SIP clients register to Opensips server with Expires interval of 3600
seconds and calling/initializing call to other SIP client or PSTN network
works fine but issue comes when my SIP client send re-register during
active call (it sends re-register 300 seconds after initial REGISTER
message or in case IP/network on which it is has changed since those are
mobile SIP clients) . So when calling SIP client re-register Contact field
for that AOR will be updated to new value ( It will change network socket ,
IP:Port ) and if/when called party (either PSTN or other SIP client on my
network) wants to hangup that call BYE that comes from called party is not
send to new/updated Contact of caller , rather it is trying to send it to
"old" Contact which does not exist any more.

Do you have any idea how I could fix this so that BYE goes to new/update
Contact value ?

Milan Stanojević

<https://www.facebook.com/LotusFlareGrowth/>
<https://twitter.com/Lotus_Flare>