[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips crash

Brian : brians at iptel.co
Thu Sep 21 18:04:22 EDT 2017

Hi Denis

We had similar issue recently with radius accounting in a single node in a
2.2 cluster. Rebuilding the node from scratch made the issue go away.

On Thursday, September 21, 2017, Denis via Users <users at lists.opensips.org>
wrote:
> In addition
>
> "
> make[2]: Entering directory '/distr/opensips-2.2/modules/aaa_radius'
> Compiling rad.c
> Compiling aaa_radius.c
> Linking aaa_radius.so
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/distr/opensips-2.2/modules/aaa_radius'
>
> "
>
> During opensips 2.2 installation procedure on the backup.
>
> --
> С уважением, Денис.
> Best regards, Denis
>

> 21.09.2017, 16:39, "Denis via Users" <users at lists.opensips.org>:
>
> Bogdan,
>
> Prehistory. I decided to migrate Opensips from 2.2. to 2.3.
> Using my test VirtualBox (ubuntu server) i installed 2.3., prepare
opensips.cfg an so on. On VB 2.3. started without any problem.
> I have two production servers with Opensips 2.2 instance. One main, and
the second backup.
> All necessary packages for Opensips had been installed on these two
servers early, including libradius library.

> So i installed Opensips2.3., both on main and backup (there were no error
dialing with it), to a different directory as Opensips2.2, changed some
opensips.cfg parameters (not dialing with radius) and tried to start
opensips.
> First i tried to start on backup and got the crash. Crash occurs at start
time.
> Second i tried to start on main and got success.
>
> I tried to reinstall Opensips on backup and during installation process i
get such information dialing with radius
> "
> make[2]: Entering directory '/distr/opensips-2.3/modules/aaa_radius'
> /bin/sh: 1: pkg-config: not found
> /bin/sh: 1: pkg-config: not found
> Compiling rad.c
> Compiling aaa_radius.c
> Linking aaa_radius.so
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/distr/opensips-2.3/modules/aaa_radius'
> "
>
> Something like this)).
>
> --
> С уважением, Денис.
> Best regards, Denis
>

> 21.09.2017, 15:46, "Bogdan-Andrei Iancu" <bogdan at opensips.org>:
>
> Hi Denis,
>
> So, when did the crash start ? What was the change that trigger this kind
of crash ?

> Regards,
>
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
> On 09/21/2017 01:00 PM, Denis wrote:
>
> Hello, Bogdan!
>
> It is real strange.
>
> First of all i have Opensips 2.2 on the same server ("backup" server)
which is started without any problem using aaa_radius module.
> I have another server ("main" server) where opensips 2.3 is started
without any problem using aaa_radius module.

> Yes, /etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf exits on backup, it has the
same rights as the same file on main server. I can read this file and write
into it ,i.e. it is not "broken".

"/etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf") at config.c:457

> opensips triggers the libradius for reading the config file (for radius).
And there is only one parameter, the name of the radius config file.

> The crash is inside the libradius without having opensips to pass any
wrong data. So the bug is in the libradius.