[OpenSIPS-Users] SIP Registrations with many PBX's

Jonathan Mabrito mabritoj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 16:12:09 EDT 2017

This is more of a concept, can OpenSIPS do it question and maybe how if so.

I am trying to wrap my head around how OpenSIPS does SIP Registrations.
Currently, every time when a new PBX environment provisions on our
infrastructure, I programmatically query a database to find out what
numbers are free, allocated one, and then I use Dynamic Routing to
programmatically insert a route via from that chosen newly chosen number to
the new PBX environment.

I am trying to bring the same concept with SIP Registrations, so our users
can register phones to the environment. So what I am wondering, can
OpenSIPS be a register proxy between the internet and the internal PBX? I
do not need to register directly against OpenSIPS, just more accept the
register request, make a routing decision based on its SIP URI, and forward
that registration to the proper environment where that PBX will handle the
registration? I am trying to avoid a long static script and hoping this can
be accomplished in the ways Dynamic Routing can handle INVITES.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
--
-Jonathan