[OpenSIPS-Users] Mid-Registrar Capabilities

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Fri Oct 20 04:56:45 EDT 2017

Hi Nathan,

Please find some answers below.

Regards,

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 20.10.2017 02:43, Nathan Baker wrote:
> In addition to the general usage scenarios
The "proxy-registrar" blog setup should cover your NAT'ing requirements,
while also providing DB persistency. As of now, this is superior to
mid-registrar's "mirror mode" (mode = 0), due to the added DB
persistency support.
> 1. Would the mid-registrar module be useful for handling
> SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY/PUBLISH messages between the remote user and the main
> registrar?  Any examples I've found and the module documentation seem
> to only cover registrations.
Indeed, it currently only supports registrations. But we've gotten a lot
of feedback to support presence as well, so it's still on the cards for
OpenSIPS 2.4. Expect some updates from us on this topic in the following
weeks.
> I get the error message:
>
>   ERROR:mid_registrar:mod_init: the 2.3 mid_registrar only works with
> usrloc 'db_mode = 0'!
We did not focus on DB persistency with the initial mid_registrar
release in 2.3, as we first wanted to make sure it can integrate well
with the majority of SIP registrars which are out there, rather than
doing premature optimizations.