[OpenSIPS-Users] utimer task already scheduled warnings

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Tue Oct 17 11:42:07 EDT 2017

Hi, John!

As you already figured out, there is a timer job that takes a bit longer
than it is supposed to. Unfortunately there is no easy way to say which
timer job, but if you have a lot of users logged in, that might be an issue.

The idea behind the natping partitions is that by default (partition =
1) OpenSIPS pings all users in a single timer run. If there are a lot of
users, this might take _a lot_, especially if users are using TCP, and
some of them have a stale connection.
Increasing the natping_partitions partitions will basically split all
the users in smaller sets, and will spread them among multiple job runs,
thus multiple processes. Therefore increasing this parameter will
definitely help you.
The range is not a magic value :). It depends on the amount of users,
bandwidth, etc. It makes sense to set this parameter from 1 to the
maximum number of processes provisioned - anything else will probably
make timer jobs overlap.
I hope this answers to your question.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea