[OpenSIPS-Users] Pn-uri - Push Notification with SIP

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Tue Nov 28 05:56:16 EST 2017

Hi, Jonathan!

To be honest, I haven't fully implemented a push notification solution
myself, but I've seen some deployments doing it. Basically, when a
client registers, you need to store the PRID in a database, and when a
call comes to that client, you need to do a REST query to the associated
PNS provider, with that ID.
The implementation of this service goes hand in hand with Event Based
Routing[1] we've been talking about for a while - using this mechanism
you can "delay" a call until the client re-registers, so you can forward
the call to it.
Hope this is helpful. If anyone has a working example that he has
successfully deployed, I am also curious about his story :).

[1]
https://blog.opensips.org/2017/03/10/advanced-sip-scenarios-with-event-based-routing/

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea