[OpenSIPS-Users] high availability rtpproxy with opensips

Nuno Ferreira nferreira at fuze.com
Mon Nov 20 04:22:22 EST 2017

You can use rtp_cluster (https://github.com/sippy/rtp_cluster) to create a
cluster of rtpproxy servers/instances. From an OpenSIPS point of view it's
the same of using a single rtpproxy instance.

A seg, 20/11/2017, 09:11, Callum Guy <callum.guy at x-on.co.uk> escreveu:

> My understanding is that this is not straightforward (or even possible?)
> with RTPProxy as it does not share any state with additional instances
> meaning calls could use either instance from either server however they
> cannot switch back and forward between proxies during a call session.
>
> You may find it worthwhile to investigate a solution which provides shared
> state such as RTPEngine which can use Redis to maintain a shared state
> between instances.
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/rtpengine
>
> On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM SK <yukko.sergey at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have configured simple AOR and dialogs replication using a clusterer
>> module. 2 boxes with opensips (SRV1 and SRV2) work as active-standby
>> sharing one IP-address (keepalived).
>>
>> Now I want to enable high availability for rtpproxy.
>>
>> How can I send commands from SRV1 to both SRV1 and SRV2 rtpproxy
>> instance, so SRV2 immediately starts to forward RTP packets of the active
>> call in case SRV1 fails inside the active call and IP is moved from SRV1 to
>> SRV2?
>>
>> Does dialog mirroring done by clusterer module makes this for me
>> automatically in case both servers have identical nathelper module setup?

> Callum Guy
> Head of Information Security
> X-on
>

> *0333 332 0000  |  www.x-on.co.uk <http://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on>   <https://www.facebook.com/XonTel>
>   <https://twitter.com/xonuk> *
> X-on is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company
> registered in England and Wales.
> Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
> Hempstead, Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
> addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
> X-on immediately on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the
> message from your computer. If you are not a named addressee you must not
> use, disclose, disseminate, distribute, copy, print or reply to this email. Views
> or opinions expressed by an individual
> within this email may not necessarily reflect the views of X-on or its
> associated companies. Although X-on routinely screens for viruses,
> addressees should scan this email and any attachments
> for viruses. X-on makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of
> viruses in this email or any attachments.

*Nuno Ferreira* | Architect, CoreUC | nferreira at fuze.com | +351 308805903
Rua Carlos Silva Melo Magalhães 23, 3800-126 Aveiro, Portugal

--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
attachments may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you