[OpenSIPS-Users] R: Issues running opensips with load balancer.

michele.pinassi michele.pinassi at unisi.it
Sun May 14 07:42:21 EDT 2017

Hi Ravi, there's any special reason not to choose latest 2.3 or, if you need 1.11 series, 1.11.9 ?
Also i suggest to choose a Debian 8 instead of RHel.
Michele

Inviato da smartphone Samsung Galaxy.
-------- Messaggio originale --------Da: Ravitez Ravi <ravitez.dondeti at gmail.com> Data: 13/05/17  23:01  (GMT+01:00) A: OpenSIPS users mailling list <users at lists.opensips.org> Oggetto: [OpenSIPS-Users] Issues running opensips with load balancer.
Hi All,
I’m trying to run opensips with load balancer module but it
fails to come up. Below are details of what I have done and been trying. My
questions are in bold
italics and highlighted in yellow. Request you to take a look
and help.

Objective: Install OpenSIPS 1.11.10 with TLS
on RHEL 6.5 for load balancing SIP traffic

Procedure followed:

1.       Download
and install OpenSIPS1.11.10 on RHEL 6.5 with default configuration:

a.
Downloaded http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.11.10/opensips-1.11.10-tls.tar.gz

b.
Un-tar and un-zip the downloaded file

c.
Go to opensips-1.11.10-tls folder, ran make menuconfig, select Compile And Install OpenSIPS
and followed by Exit
& Save All Changes

d.
Run opensips on command line, ensure the opensips process is
running using ‘ps -ef
| grep opensips’ command and stop the process using ‘killall opensips’

2.       Get
necessary dependencies straightened out for load balancer as mentioned in
section 1.4 in http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/load_balancer.html

a.
The section lists the following OpenSIPS
modules: i) Dialog – Dialog module, ii) Dialog – TM module, iii) database
– one of the DB modules.

b.
I did not see any specific dialog module either
in Configure Compile
Flags or Configure
Excluded Modules, however, I could see /usr/local/lib64/opensips/modules/dialog.so
and assumed this is the intended module. Not sure if it covers both Dialog and TM. Please clarify.

c.
I selected db_mysql from Configure Excluded Modules and got a message
“You have enabled the
'db_mysql' module, so please install ' development libraries of mysql-client ,
typically libmysqlclient-dev'” while saving. I could not find the RPM
for RHEL. The closed I could find is libmysqlclient16-devel-5.1.69-1.w6.x86_64.rpm which fails
to get installed. Am
I in right path here? Please advise.

d.
I was following an example mentioned section 3.2
in http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-LoadBalancing.

The section shows following
modules to be loaded:

loadmodule "modules/maxfwd/maxfwd.so"

loadmodule "modules/sl/sl.so"

loadmodule "modules/db_mysql/db_mysql.so"

loadmodule "modules/tm/tm.so"

loadmodule "modules/xlog/xlog.so"

loadmodule "modules/uri/uri.so"

loadmodule "modules/rr/rr.so"

loadmodule "modules/dialog/dialog.so"

loadmodule "modules/mi_fifo/mi_fifo.so"

loadmodule
"modules/mi_xmlrpc/mi_xmlrpc.so"

loadmodule
"modules/signaling/signaling.so"

loadmodule "modules/textops/textops.so"

loadmodule
"modules/load_balancer/load_balancer.so"

However, the sub-directories
mentioned in above list is not seen on my file system after OpenSIPS
installation, yet I see some of the above list shared libraries under
/usr/local/lib64/opensips/modules. Hope this is ok.

e.
The defaults opensips.cfg provided includes most
of the above listed modules, but the below libraries were missing which are
needed for load balancer:

loadmodule "modules/dialog.so"

loadmodule "modules/textops.so"

loadmodule
"modules/load_balancer/load_balancer.so"

loadmodule "modules/db_mysql/db_mysql.so"

loadmodule
"modules/xlog/xlog.so"

loadmodule
"modules/mi_xmlrpc/mi_xmlrpc.so

I was able to successfully start opensips after
and textops.so,
however, opensips
refuses to start when I load load_balancer.so
with following error:

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips:
INFO:core:shm_mem_init: allocating SHM block

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
NOTICE:core:main: version: opensips 1.11.10-tls (x86_64/linux)

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:main: using 32 Mb shared memory

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:main: using 2 Mb private memory per process

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:evi_publish_event: Registered event <E_CORE_THRESHOLD(0)>

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:evi_publish_event: Registered event <E_CORE_SHM_THRESHOLD(1)>

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:evi_publish_event: Registered event <E_CORE_PKG_THRESHOLD(2)>

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
NOTICE:signaling:mod_init: initializing module ...

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:sl:mod_init: Initializing StateLess engine

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:tm:mod_init: TM - initializing...

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:rr:mod_init: rr - initializing

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:maxfwd:mod_init: initializing...

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:sipmsgops:mod_init: initializing...

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:usrloc:ul_init_locks: locks array size 512

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:evi_publish_event: Registered event <E_UL_AOR_INSERT(3)>

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:evi_publish_event: Registered event <E_UL_AOR_DELETE(4)>

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:registrar:mod_init: initializing...

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:acc:mod_init: initializing...

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:evi_publish_event: Registered event <E_ACC_EVENT(5)>

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:evi_publish_event: Registered event <E_ACC_CDR(6)>

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:evi_publish_event: Registered event <E_ACC_MISSED_EVENT(7)>

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]: INFO:dialog:mod_init:
Dialog module - initializing

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:textops:mod_init: initializing...

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:load_balancer:mod_init: Load-Balancer module - initializing

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]: ERROR:load_balancer:mod_init:
DB URL is not defined!

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
ERROR:core:init_mod: failed to initialize module load_balancer

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
ERROR:core:main: error while initializing modules

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips[22969]:
INFO:core:cleanup: cleanup

May 13 16:40:18 kuat opensips: INFO:core:daemonize:
pre-daemon process exiting with -1

Looks like this is due to DB
module. Is this correct?

f.
I do not see following shared libraries. Please let me know which modules
should I load to get them.

loadmodule
"modules/db_mysql/db_mysql.so"

loadmodule "modules/xlog/xlog.so"