[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS and 256 MByte of RAM.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Wed Mar 22 09:37:17 EDT 2017

Ok Răzvan.

Thank you very much!

I will take a look.

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software
Ph: +55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979

________________________________
De: Users <users-bounces at lists.opensips.org> em nome de Răzvan Crainea <razvan at opensips.org>
Enviado: quarta-feira, 22 de março de 2017 10:24
Para: users at lists.opensips.org
Assunto: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS and 256 MByte of RAM.

Hi, Rodrigo!

OpenSIPS by itself performs very well :). However, in a call, OpenSIPS is not all by itself: you need SIP clients, databases, DNS, and so forth and so on. In order to have better performance, you have to increase performance for each of these components. So you need to define what exactly is drawing OpenSIPS back: is it the processing itself, is it the database, is it the DNS and so on.

In order to pinpoint the components that have poor performance, OpenSIPS provides some thresholds that you can use to measure different stuff in the script, such as DNS queries[1], message processing [2] or mysql queries[3]. You should try to profile each of these and figure out what exactly is happening in your platform, to find out what exactly you can/should improve.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreParameters-2-3#toc59
openSIPS | Documentation / Core Parameters - 2.3<http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreParameters-2-3#toc59>
www.opensips.org
3. Core parameters. Global parameters that can be set in configuration file. Accepted values are, depending on the actual parameters strings, numbers and yes/ no.

[2] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreParameters-2-3#toc60
openSIPS | Documentation / Core Parameters - 2.3<http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreParameters-2-3#toc60>
www.opensips.org
3. Core parameters. Global parameters that can be set in configuration file. Accepted values are, depending on the actual parameters strings, numbers and yes/ no.

[3] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.3.x/db_mysql.html#id248019
mysql Module - opensips.org<http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.3.x/db_mysql.html#id248019>
www.opensips.org
This is a module which provides MySQL connectivity for OpenSIPS. It implements the DB API defined in OpenSIPS.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions
www.opensips-solutions.com<http://www.opensips-solutions.com>

[http://www.opensips-solutions.com/imgs/slideshow/slide1.jpg]<http://www.opensips-solutions.com/>

Home — OpenSIPS Solutions<http://www.opensips-solutions.com/>
www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS is a mature Open Source implementation of a SIP server. OpenSIPS is more than a SIP proxy/router as it includes application-level functionalities.