[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips as SIP Proxy and WebRTC Media Gateway

Alex Megalokonomos alex at clockwork.gr
Thu Jun 29 04:54:30 EDT 2017

Hello Bogdan,

Yes, a gateway from WS to UDP (as well as DTLS-SRTP to RTP in order for it
to work) is exactly what we're looking for.

Unfortunately our Alcatel OmniPCX call center  is a proprietary system that
only allows for a limited number of SIP extensions (served from what
appears to be an outdated customised  Kamailio 3.2.2 from what I can tell
from the headers.

For our normal internal office use it all works fine.

However we have 3 customer support lines that are currently routed to 3
extensions via OmniPCX.

We want to integrate these to our custom web-based CRM and the best way for
us to do it is to use something like SIP js to handle and log calls,
identify calling parties, bring up customer details etc.

Since the kamailio version inside OmniPCX does not support ws/webrtc we are
looking to set up Opensips in exactly the way you described as a
gateway/proxy for everything in order to convert the UDP-only sip
extensions to ws+ webRTC capable ones.

I have used this tutorial
http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-WebSocket-2-1 to get what I
assume is half the work (for RTP proxying)  but I havent figured out the
rest yet.

Best regards,
Alex