[OpenSIPS-Users] Mid-Registrar Absorb 2nd Register(w/ AuthHeader) Request - Only on Reg Renewal.

Ali Raza ali.raza at timegroup.ae
Wed Jul 12 09:26:11 EDT 2017

Hello Guys,

I am new to OpenSIPS. I am currently test mid-registrar module with FreeSwitch and I am facing a issue not sure if its a bug or its me.

Let me explain whats happening:

I am running OpenSIPS mid-registrar in contact-throttling mode(mode:1) with usrloc mode:0 - because mid-registrar was crashing again and again then I saw the post https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/1094 - so that issue is now gone with usrloc mode:0.

When I run opensips my devices(soft phone: zopier and sip phone: fanvil) register perfectly but as soon the registration time for fanvilphone is reaching expiry(outging expiry) opensips passes my registrartion request to freeswitch - Freeswitch sends back 401unauthorised message which is delivered to the phone by opensips. This time phone sends register request with AuthHeader but this request gets absorbed by mid-registrar and reply from UAC with AuthHeader never reach UAS and freeswitch then remove the registrartion from its database assuming the UAC is dead. But when the softphone-Zopier outgoing register expiring somehow Softphone sends the register request with AuthHeader and as OpenSIPs forwards 1 register request to freeswtich - Freeswitch renew its registrartion. So softphone remain registered and works fine.

2nd/Renew Registration from FanvilPhone:

1. UAC==Reg==>OpenSIPS==>FreeSwitch

2. FreeSwitch==401==>OpenSIPs==401==>UAC

3. UAC==Reg w/Auth-Header==>OpenSIPs(Absorbe by mid-registrar: Returncode: 2)

4. OpenSIPs==Reply 200==>UAC (so actually phone thinks its registered)

2nd/Renew Registration from SoftPhone Zopier:

1. SoftPhone==Reg w/Auth-Header==>OpenSIPs== Reg w/Auth-Header==>FreeSwitch

2. FreeSwitch==Reply 200==>OpenSIPs==Reply 200==>SoftPhone-Zopier.

MY OPENSIPS CONFIG -- USED FOR MID-REGISTRAR:

#### USeR LOCation module
loadmodule "usrloc.so"
modparam("usrloc", "nat_bflag", "NAT")
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 0)
modparam("usrloc", "use_domain", 1)

#### MID-REGISTRAR module
loadmodule "mid_registrar.so"
modparam("mid_registrar", "mode", 1) /* 0 = mirror / 1 = ct / 2 = AoR */
modparam("mid_registrar", "outgoing_expires", 180) ##Set to low for testing purpose.
modparam("mid_registrar", "insertion_mode", 0) /* 0 = contact; 1 = path */

if ( !(is_method("REGISTER")) ) {
if (check_source_address("10")) {
xlog("looking up $ru!\n");
if (!mid_registrar_lookup("location")) {
t_reply("404", "Not Found");
exit;
}

t_relay();
exit;
}
}

if (is_method("REGISTER"))
{
#mid_registrar_save("location");
xlog("BEFORE IT PASS TO MID-REG SAVE!");
mid_registrar_save("","m");
switch ($retcode) {
case 1:
xlog("forwarding REGISTER to main registrar ($$ci=$ci) - $fd\n");
#Call script to set $ru - Testing!
#perl_exec("dest_host","$fd");
$ru = "sip:dispatcher\@10.10.7.206:5070";
xlog("NEW HOST VALUE: $ru");
t_relay();
break;
case 2:
xlog("absorbing REGISTER! ($$ci=$ci)\n");
break;
default:
xlog("failed to save registration! ($$ci=$ci)\n");
}
exit;
}

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE.