[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips Crashing v2.2.2

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Jan 17 05:10:52 EST 2017

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the late reply. The backtraces show a really strange situation 
- some processing context getting to NULL somewhere along the handling 
of that 503 reply.

What I suspect is that you are using in failure route some functions 
that are reseting this processing context - could you (off list) send me 
the failure route which is used for this 503 reply ?

Also, when you say the carrier is responding with a shorter message - 
what you mean ? shorter as length ? or ?

Best regards,

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer

On 01/16/2017 02:57 PM, Richard Robson wrote:
> Hi,
> I've done some more testing and the carrier is now responding with a 
> shorter message, despite them saying nothing was wrong. and the 
> crashing isn't happening.
> Therefore I'm unable to reproduce the original error on our live system.
> I've put the node back into service and I'm monitoring the situation.
> Regards,
> Richard
> On 06/01/2017 12:19, Richard Robson wrote:
>> I've some more back traces.
>> this could be a resource problem. The back story is we want to check 
>> for channel limits and Rate limits for all calls. Channel limit hits 
>> should failover to the next gateway and rate limits should delat for 
>> up to 2 seconds before failing over to the next gateway. This is all 
>> working ok as far as I can tell. We have one provider that has 600 
>> channels and cps of 25. We now have a second provider with 3 nodes of 
>> 100 channels and 4 cps. All nodes are being checked for Channels and 
>> CPS. I noticed that the failover of GW was not being checked and 
>> added new route to do the checking. Also to confuse things more it 
>> looks like one of the new carriers nodes may be incorrectly 
>> configured asnd we are getting failures (503 Service unavailable).
>> Yesterday we were using all four gateways and no crashes, but after 
>> adding in the new route for the failover checking it started to crash 
>> this morning. the logs indicate that the failover is working correctly.
>> We are checking the outbound calls twice once for the customer limits 
>> and then for the carrier limits. This has been fine for the last few 
>> days, since the system was updated ( it was only carrier limits 
>> checked before)
>> i've removed the suspect node and the extra route, but I notice the 
>> error from the node in the backtraces with an address out of bounds
>> I've more back traces if you require
>> http://pastebin.com/BB9RP6rv
>> http://pastebin.com/QSTbYgNQ
>> http://pastebin.com/vUmQLT0k
>> On 06/01/2017 09:30, Richard Robson wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> we are getting a crash in opensips. V2.2.2
>>> bt all:

More information about the Users mailing list