[OpenSIPS-Users] iOS 10 Push Notifications

Андрей Журавлёв andrei.zhuravlev at m-st.ru
Mon Feb 6 08:16:12 EST 2017

Thank you very much, Adrian. So, this feature will be available from 2.3,
right? Is it possble to check it may be in beta in development 2.3 branch?
And are there any sample configurations for push notification scenario for
current version? May be you could share some, please?

I am pretty new to SIP and OpenSIPS :)

> Adrian, this is exactly what I need. Is there a way to do it right now? I
> am on version 2.2
>
> I actually gave a talk about this during the RTC devroom at FOSDEM a
> couple days ago. What you need can be found on slide 16 [1]
>
> PS: note that there are some limitations, especially concerning
> successively forking branches. If you need this feature, it will be
> available starting with 2.3
>
> [1]: https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/opensips/
>
> Liviu Chircu
> OpenSIPS Developerhttp://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
> On 5 Feb 2017, at 12:53, Aron Podrigal <aronp at guaranteedplus.com> wrote:
>
> you can certainly handle this in a t_on_failure for a 408...
>
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017, 3:38 PM Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com> wrote:
>
> There is more plumbing needed to replay transactions later and the future
> OpenSIPS version announced recently will help make this happen.
>
> You are not alone fighting with this problem.
>
> Regards,
> Adrian
>

> On 1 Feb 2017, at 19:46, Андрей Журавлёв <andrei.zhuravlev at m-st.ru> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am pretty new with SIP and OpenSIPS. I have problem that affect most of
> the people who should support mobile clients for iOS 10. There must be a
> way to solve it, but it looks like I missed it. So I need your help.
>
> Background: As you probably already know in iOS 10 Apple prevented network
> connections in background mode. It mostly affected VoIP apps. In order to
> solve this issue they introduced so-called VoIP Push notifications (via
> PushKit) which should automatically wake-up application and allow it to do
> a registration and receive a call.
>
> Btw, the only thing I found capable to send VoIP push notifications
> without issus is ruby gem/binary called Houston.
>
> Now everything works fine, except one issue actually, when application
> wakes up and do a registration, it obviously missed initial INVITE message
> for a call, and it looks like server do not retry invites if no provisional
> messages returned from a client.
>
> So the question is it possible to tell OpenSIPS server to re-send INVITE
> messages (by some timer probably) if no provisional information received
> from a client.
>
> I know there is fr_timer and fr_inv_timer params from tm module, but it
> looks like they did not do the trick.
>
> Actually, I have almost default config file, except the parts, required
> for push notifications.
> I've posted it here: http://pastebin.com/tZmP320g
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Andrei Zhuravlev

> [...]