[OpenSIPS-Users] NAT Traversal Module and Proxying Presence

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Dec 13 05:08:27 EST 2017

Hi Nathan,

1) both nathelper and nat_traversal module are fine for the moment, as
time as they serve your needs.

2) short answer : the routing of SUBSCRIBE based dialogs do not require
location data, as all the SIP dialog routing data is stored in the SIP
messages themselves - see the Route Set concept (
http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Webinars#toc12, chapter 5.5,
Routing in SIP).
On P0 you need to do fix_contact() (so the private contact is replaced)
and nat_keepalive() (for pinging purposes). The Notify will be routed
back from P1 via Route hdrs (P0) and received Contact (fixed to point to
a public IP).