[OpenSIPS-Users] FW: Asynchronous operation for REST queries

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Sep 14 10:32:41 CEST 2016

Thank you for the logs, this is what I was looking for:

Sep 12 19:39:34 sturn-test /usr/local/sbin/opensips[23877]:
DBG:rest_client:start_async_http_req: libcurl TCP connect: we should
wait up to 977ms (timeout=1000ms)!
Sep 12 19:39:34 sturn-test /usr/local/sbin/opensips[23877]:
DBG:rest_client:start_async_http_req: busy waiting 98ms ...

So libcurl tells us we should wait, at most, 1 second before we can
proceed with the transfer. The logic I added on the dev branch only
waits 10% of this interval (98ms), but it's obviously way too much,
since the connection is up within 8ms.

I will rework this 10% logic into a "connect_polling_interval"
(milliseconds) module parameter, so you can customize it according to
your environment and start your transfers a lot faster.

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com