[OpenSIPS-Users] How to take control of some timeouts in OpenSIPS?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Fri Sep 9 23:01:08 CEST 2016

Dear SIP users,

In my product with OpenSIPS we are using SIP over TCP, not UDP, because we are in the test days. And briefly we will start using SIP + TLS.

As our network 3G has a considerable network latency, sometimes the OpenSIPS sends the SIP INVITE to a remote UAS and doesn't wait enough time for receiving the SIP RINGING or SIP TRYING. That is, a timeout occurs in the OpenSIPS when there is a considerable network latency, because the SIP response is too delayed. This fact is interrupting the SIP signalization.

So, how to calibrate this kind of timeout value in OpenSIPS, so that it will be possible waiting for the SIP response until it be received?

Is there a solution for TLS too?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO