[OpenSIPS-Users] How to ensure current IPV6 listening address

Robert Dyck rob.dyck at telus.net
Wed Oct 19 18:14:15 CEST 2016

Using 1.10.5
My ISP provides an IPV6 prefix which unfortunately is not static. My address
does not change spontaneously but if the host is down for a significant time
the address will change.

I thought it would be simply solved by specifying a listening interface in the
configuration file. Unfortunately that only picks up the IPV4 address.

I have a DDNS provider and I can specify a domain name in the configuration but
my concern is that the address bound to the domain name may be stale at the
moment that opensips comes up. Does opensips verify an address obtained
through DNS?